Monday, May 16, 2011

The greatest day of my life.

While checking out at Publix last week, the cashier asked the guy behind me how his day was going. He replied nonchalantly, "best day of my life." I was thinking he must have become a grandfather or something totally special-the cashier said, "wish my day was going that well."...then he said, "its just a choice."

yep. a choice. I am making a choice to make each day the "best day of my life".

I get to kiss little cheeks and get a hundred hugs.

speaking of hugs and kisses, today my "baby" is 6 months old. 1/2 way to a year. wow! what? she is quite the chunky peanut and even has double buns!

Here are a few of her favorite things:
1. being held in the Ergo (or just being held)
2. nursing...nope, still not taking a bottle
3. waking up every 4 hours at night-she went 9 hours a few nights ago, so hoping she makes that a regular thing
4. her thumb.
5. evie. that sweet girl sure can get her sister to giggle.
6. chewing on ANYTHING!

She is wearing 9 month clothes...need to buy her some new sleepers cause she is pretty long and chubby-have I mentioned that?

HEALTH UPDATE:
Evie finished her antibiotics for strep throat which took 2 weeks to diagnose.

I started having a sore throat (mostly lymph nodes tender) about 3 weeks ago, so last Monday, I called my doc just to check things out. After looking at my throat, she decided I had strep again and started me on a Zpack.

After 2 days of antibiotics and no improvement, I went in for some blood work.

Results: mommy has MONO

I have felt pretty tired some days, but not sure if its from having 3 kids or mono!!

Went in today for blood work to check my liver to make sure there isn't too much inflammation since mono can cause swelling in the liver and spleen (mono attacks the lymphocytes which are responsible for inflammation).

so even through 6 months of sick days in the sutton house...this is still the GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

5 comments:

Matt and Christen said...

Super encouraging Kristy. Thanks for the reminder. Hope step and mono leave your family alone.
Love ya, Christen

Jacob and Crystal Krausz said...

I needed that. Thank you. Today was the best day of my life as well. Love you!

Danielle said...

What a great story about the old man in the check out line!! Love it! Praying for NO MORE SICKNESS in your house!!

The Hursts said...

Will be posting soon on some natural remedies I used during my throat and lymphnode issues. I don't know much about mono, but maybe regular lymph massages would help?! Love you, girlie!

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear you have mono! your perspective on it all, though, made me think of a book i recently read that i am recommending to everyone i can- one thousand gifts. it has helped me *tremendously* in developing a heart of gratitiude and has changed a ton of how i look at my life. the writer also has a blog that is inspiring as well- www.aholyexperience.com. hope this will be an encouragement to you! hugs, haley