Saturday, October 02, 2010

Lagging behind in more ways than one

I’ve been a little slacker on the blogging the past couple of weeks.

We have been out of town some, I have been working a few days in the ER and, well, life just gets plain crazy around here from time to time!

Mia threw a “surprise” baby shower in Orlando last weekend with some old friends and wonderful family!

Here are some of my favorite moments:

Evie in her Big Sister shirt just  before the shower-she is going to be a GREAT big, big sister!  She told me she wants to walk with Elin (like carry her around the house…we will see about that one!)

DSC_0037

Three baby girls coming soon!

I am due November 13th, Wendy is due November 14th, and Whit is due November 28th!  Its going to be a busy holiday season!

DSC_0046

My sweet friends (and fellow ADPis) with our babies…well, only a few of our babies.  We have 9 kids between the 3 of us!  Amanda was my O-team leader when I started at UCF in 1999 and she also became my ADPi big sister-what a beautiful, long friendship we have had!!!  Love this girl-and Katie is one of her best friends from college and AFTER college, became one of mine!

DSC_0052

Mom and me opening all of Elin’s monogrammed gifts.  The theme of the shower was “Initially Yours”, so Elin got lots of adorable clothes, towels, bibs, bloomers, banners with her name or initials on them!!! I LOVE IT!!!  GREAT IDEA MIA!!!

DSC_0072

Delicious cake from Maggie in Auburndale…the same lady who made our wedding cake! (and the same colors as our wedding!!)

DSC_0076

My hospital bad from Mia…now we just need to finish packing it and have a baby!

DSC_0079

Snacking on some bread at BRIO with Nana and Aunt Penny :)

DSC_0053

With Yaya…maybe Elin will inherit some “dark” genes from her!  But then she really wouldn’t look like my daughter!

DSC_0080

MY FAVORITE:

Evie giving Elin a hug!

DSC_0084

 

And now for the other area of LAGGING BEHIND!

I saw Libby, my midwife on Thursday and when she measured my fundal height (or size of my uterus for all of my non-medical friends).  A few weeks ago, I was measuring small at about 2 weeks behind-which can be normal variation.

This week, I ended up measuring 4 weeks behind.  That is outside the normal range, so I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week to measure the baby’s size and assess her growth in utero.

Will keep you updated on what we find out.  She is probably just a small baby down low :)

Here is out latest belly shot at 34 weeks:

DSC_0086

No comments: