Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First trip to the dentist!

Evie got to visit the dentist today.  Our good friend Sam went to the same dentist last week, so we tried to get him to tell Evie all about the fun stuff she would see and do.

When we got there, she played in a ship they have in the waiting room, found a few friends (shocking!) and eagerly awaited her turn.

She acted very shy when they took her picture for her chart, all hugged up against me.  Some sweet girls tried to get x-rays of her, but she just wasn’t very cooperative. She didn’t cry, she just clung to me and didn’t want to wear the shield. So, they said they’d try next time and wanted to go at her pace…which I totally appreciated.

Then she got to pick out a new toothbrush and toothpaste.  But all they had was Tigger!  No PRINCESS toothbrushes?! (my only negative comment about the whole visit!)  She did say “thank you” for that!

We went into the exam room and there was a cool flat table to lie on and a flat screen above her head so she could watch cartoons while they brushed her teeth.  But, she refused to leave my lap!! 

The dentist was AWESOME!  Very chipper and great with Evie. She explained a few things about brushing and Evie got to pick out some strawberry flavored foaming toothpaste for her to use.  That was there the fun ended. I had to hold Evie facing me and lay her back into the dentist’s lap.  I pretty much held her hands the whole time while she fussed and cried. I think it was mostly being held down, but I still felt bad for her :(

She let her floss her teeth real quick and we were done.  WHEW!

She got a little bag for her goodies and then got a coin to put in the treasure machine!!!  SHE WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT!

She picked a gold ring and was smiling as we left.  I think the overall experience was positive. She even wanted to brush her teeth in the car on the way to Chick Fil A  (a special treat from Mia and Papi!)

Beckett’s turn is next!

DSC_0010 DSC_0011

DSC_0013

This is the face she sported most of the visit!  Notice her beautiful shiner?  courtesy of her little brother (I think it was an accident last week and they hit heads, but it was unwitnessed, so we may never know the real story!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was that when they hit heads at boys night at our place?